- Wood Hanukkah Dreidels with Colorful letters$0.80 - $3.78
- Nickel Plated Dreidel, Jerusalem and Colored Stones - Nun, Gimmel, Hay and PayHeight: 1.6"$5.29
- Assorted Colorful Wood Dreidel - Mix of Colors$1.90 - $2.90
- Hanukkah Dreidels in Assorted Colors - PlasticSize: 4 cm/1.5"$0.57
- Colorful Wood Dreidel with Lively Design - Nes Gadol Haya Poh$3.11
- Package of Four Colorful Wood Dreidels with lettersPack of 4$4.59
- Colorful Metal Dreidel, Nun, Gimmel, Hay and Pay - Assorted DesignsHeight: 2.1"$5.50
- Yair Emanuel Metal Cutout Dreidel Jerusalem Design - TurquoiseChoice of 3 sizes$16.38 - $26.14
- Dorit Judaica Sparkling Dreidel with Stand - Lively Mandala with Prayer wordsDiameter: 3.5"$19.03
- Round Plastic Dreidel In assorted ColorsDiameter: 3.1"$1.96
- Graciela Noemi Handcrafted Pirouette Chanukah Dreidel - Colorful$41.00
- Large Colorful Wood Dreidel with Lively Design - Nes Gadol Haya Sham$5.00
- Hanukkah Dreidel with Jerusalem Design and Colorful Stones - PewterHeight: 1.6"$5.29
- Graciela Noemi Handcrafted Pirouette Chanukah Dreidel$41.00
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Dreidel with Stand Pink Small- Jerusalem ImagesHeight: 3.6"$11.56
- Large Colorful Wood Dreidel with Lively Design - Nes Gadol Haya Poh$5.00
- Decorated Crystal MAGIC NO-FALL DREIDEL on BaseSize: 3.3"$22.07
- Dorit Judaica Decorative Dreidel with Nes Gadol and Swarovski Stones on a StandDiameter: 2.3"$30.20
- Yair Emanuel Large Hand Painted Wood Dreidel on Stand - Jerusalem Vistas$21.49
- Colorful Crystal MAGIC NO-FALL Three DREIDEL Set$89.59
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Dreidel with Stand Small - Chanukah ImagesHeight: 3.6"$11.55
- Emoji Design Colorful Wood Dreidel - Nes Gadol Haya Sham$2.21
- Dorit Judaica Decorative Tree of Life Dreidel with Stand - Hebrew Psalm WordsDiameter: 3.5"$19.03
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Dreidel on Stand Small - Noah's Ark ImagesHeight: 3.6"$11.55
- Adi Sidler Anodized Aluminum Chanukah Dreidel, Flower Design - Purple$51.34
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Dreidel on Stand Small - Oriental DesignHeight: 3.6"$11.55
- Adi Sidler Anodized Aluminum Chanukah Dreidel, Flower Design - Blue$51.34
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Dreidel with Stand Small - Childrens ImagesHeight: 3.6"$11.55
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Dreidel on Stand Small - Jerusalem ViewsHeight: 3.6"$11.55
- Dorit Judaica Decorative Sparkling Dreidel with Stand - Colorful Menorahs DesignDiameter: 3.5"$19.03
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Wood Dreidel on Stand Small - Jerusalem Dove of PeaceHeight: 3.6"$11.55
- Adi Sidler Brushed Aluminum Chanukah Dreidel, Flying Petals Design - TurquoiseSize: 1.9"$39.43
The Hanukkah Dreidels Game
The dreidel is a Chanukah game, as a reminder Greek-Syrian decrees prohibiting the Jews to learn Torah. The children would secretly meet to learn, and when the soldiers appeared, they would quickly pull out their dreidels and pretend to be playing a game. A meaningful, significant and fun gift!
How to spin - and maybe win!
It’s Chanukah - time to play dreidel – the four-sided spinning top made of wood, glass, metal or even pure silver. Notice the letters on each of its four sides: Nun, Gimmel, Hey and Shin. These are the initial letters of the phrase “nes gadol hayah sham” – a great miracle happened there. In Israel, the shin is substituted by a pay– standing for poh – here - instead of a shin meaning there.
Here’s how you play. Divide equally between players coins, nuts, candies or whatever you decide to play with. Everyone puts one of their goodies in the “bank” in the center. Remember, If during the game the “bank” is empty, each player will again put in one of his goodies.
The game begins. The player on the right spins his dreidel. If it falls on a:
• Nun – nil - he receives nothing, gives nothing and the next player spins.
• Hey – half - he is entitled to take half the “bank”.
• Gimmel – all - he has won the entire “bank”.
• Shin – give - he must contribute one of his goodies to the “bank”.
The game continues. The next person spins and so on. The game is won when one person has acquired the “bank” and everyone else’s savings too. Nobody will be too distressed at losing the game because there will be plenty of goodies to compensate the losers.
Alternatively, have a contest to see who can spin it the longest. Or who can get the most dreidels spinning simultaneously.