According to Jewish law, one must ritually wash ones hands before eating bread and upon awakening in the morning. These ritual Netilat Yadayim, or Wash cups must be a certain size. When you order a Wash Cup on our website, you can be sure that it is the correct size according to Halachah, or Jewish law.
- Classic Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$13.94
- Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup – Gold Wave$32.00
- Green Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Green$12.53
- Silver Plated Gleaming Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Geometrical Design$37.75
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Silver$40.77
- Silver Plated Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Pomegranate Filigree Design$38.27
- Stainless Steel and Enamel Wash Cup with Jerusalem Images & Wave Design - Silver$34.00
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Blue$40.77
- Yair Emanuel Gleaming Aluminum Small Hourglass Wash Cup - BlueHeight: 4.1"/10.5 cm$33.22
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Plum Red$40.77
- Stainless Steel and Enamel Wash Cup with Blessing Words and Gold Wave Design$34.00
- Yair Emanuel Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Etched Pomegranates$23.00
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup Natla with Two Tone Design - Silver and Gold$26.66
- Stainless Steel and Enamel Wash Cup with Blessing Words and Wave Design - Silver$34.00
- Orange Wash Cup & Bowl for Kids - Netilat YadayimColor: Orange$12.53
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Violet$40.77
- Dorit Judaica Natla Wash Cup and Hand Towel Gift Set- Pomegranate Design$38.27
- Dabbah Judaica Wash Cup Netilat Yadaim Anodized Aluminum - BlackHeight: 5"/13 cm$240.00
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup, Blue Marble with White and Gold Enamel Streaks$32.00
- Yair Emanuel Hammered Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Pomegranates$23.00
- Light Blue Wash Cup by Dabbah JudaicaHeight: 5"/13 cm$240.00
- Stainless Steel Wash Cup – Gray Marble with Enamel Gold and White Strokes$32.00
- Silver Plated Filigree Wash CupSize: Height: 5.5"/13.7 cm$64.99
- Yair Emanuel Hammered Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup -Stars of David$23.00
- Silver Plated Square Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup$52.29
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Metal Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Jerusalem$43.00
- Silver-Plated Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup Natla - Geometric Design at Base$46.40
- Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup – Silver Geometric Design$29.01
- Yair Emanuel Hammered Stainless Steel Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Silver$34.85
- Stainless Steel Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup – Gold Diamond Design$29.01
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Turquoise$37.75
- Yair Emanuel Hammered Aluminum Netilat Yadayim Wash Cup - Silver$46.40
What is a Wash Cup?
A wash cup, a large cup with a circular rim without a lip, is a vital feature in every Jewish home and there is usually at least one cup standing next to every sink. It is used on rising in the morning and throughout the course of the day, the wash cup will be in use as the hands are ritually washed.
The origin of the law of washing hands dates back to the times of the Temple and the stringent laws followed by the Priests regarding purity and hand washing before partaking of the sacrifices. Different grades of purity and impurity were in force until the Destruction of the Temple. Today, an entire body of law governs the wash cup and how and when the hands should be washed.
When do we wash our hands?
The most well-known washing of hands is before eating bread - known as Netilat Yadayim. This is not a washing of hands for hygiene. In fact, before Netilat Yadayim, the hands must be scrupulously clean. So, first use soap and water if you wish. Afterwards, fill the wash cup with clean water and pour twice on each hand until the wrist. The blessing is recited and the hands are carefully dried.
Another important and well-known ritual hand washing is the Netilat Yadayim of negel vasser, the washing of the hands first thing in the morning. Many prepare the bowl and wash cup next to their bed so that it is ready for use the moment they wake up in the morning.
Huge choice at aJudaica
Take your time and stroll through the aJudaica selection of Wash Cups or Natlot as they are called in Hebrew. There is a huge choice - something to match every décor and taste. You will find cups ranging from low-cost budget priced to cups from well-known Israeli artists with their hallmark designs and colors.
Our popular “negel vasser” set, the cute bowls and wash cups especially made for children make a lovely gift. It will encourage the kids to remember to wash their hands. The other kids in the family will want one too so get ready to repeat your gift!
Enjoy our range of budget cost natlot of stainless steel. Some have two handles, enabling easy passing from hand to hand. The words “Netilat Yadayim” are written in Hebrew across the front of the cup.
Yair Emanuel engages us with a striking selection of wash cups with magnificent color combinations and blends - a feast to the eyes. He offers us the familiar and beloved Emanuel designs, so well-known from his other products; the Seven Species, Old City Jerusalem and of course his distinguished peacocks. His selection of cups in aluminum, painted in bright vivid colors, will look stunning alongside your sink.
Michal ben Yosef, maestro of ceramics, displays a magnificent selection of wash cups, decorated with a choice of designs and verses. These are tasteful and elegant. Made from the earth of Israel, they will be a meaningful addition to your home.
Aguayo's sleek unusual wash cups and their striking designs establish him as a master of aluminum. Wherever you place the cup it will be recognized for its impeccable workmanship and original design.
Look through our selection of silver plated filigree designs. They are distinguished and impressive and make beautiful gifts.
In the hands of silver artist Benny Dabah, an aluminum wash cup becomes a work of art that will be admired and appreciated. Hebrew letters from the blessing are skillfully added to the base giving it a regal and distinguished look. His bright cheerful cotemporary colors will endear the mitzvah of Netilat Yadayim.
The perfect gift
Whichever cup you choose, be reassured – a wash cup is a no-fail gift that will always please.